Through a non-clinical, fully online program, currently certified emergency medical technicians can pursue a bachelor's degree in EMSA that will provide them with a variety of exciting potential opportunities for career advancement, including supervisory, management, and leadership positions. The degree completion program offers flexibility due to its online format so that certified and licensed professionals can achieve their goals easily and affordably.
- Ethically sound and evidenced-based leadership and management skills to Emergency Medical Service providers;
- A foundation in contemporary leadership and management principles;
- A well-rounded educational experience that provides strong career preparation in a liberal arts context;
- A lifelong commitment to the values of justice, citizenship, and service in a student's personal and professional pursuits.
- Applications for Emergency Services Research
- Applied Emergency Services Statistics
- Community Engagement and Involvement
- Emergency Services Administration
- Emergency Services Budgeting and Finance
- Emergency Services Management
- Emerging Concepts in Pre-Hospital Care
- EMS Systems Design
- Health Informatics
- Human Resource Management for Emergency Services
- International Comparative Pre-Hospital Care
- Political and Legal Foundations of Emergency Services
- The Role of EMS in Public Health
EMS is a young profession, barely four decades old, with continual changes in the field as technology and research assist practitioners in reexamining and redefining new ways to administer emergency services. In addition, EMS leaders and managers are constantly adapting and re-adapting to new policies, regulations, standards of care and human resource challenges, among others, all of which require the use of advanced analytical, rhetorical, and research skills. Moreover, there is increasing pressure for EMS executives and chiefs to have an MPA, MPH, or MBA degree. With a Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Services Administration, individuals interested in moving into executive leadership positions will be poised to obtain their Master's in Public Administration with a concentration in Emergency Medical Services, online through AMC.
Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Services Administration Program Mission
The mission of the Emergency Medical Services Administration program is to provide an academically rigorous, yet technically relevant educational experience for current and aspiring practitioners in emergency medical services to build knowledge, skill and ability to effectively lead and manage emergency medical services delivery systems.
Educational Objectives/Learning Outcomes:
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Services Administration program will be able to:
- Comprehend a wide variety of concepts applicable to emergency medic services, including:
- Relevant theories of organizational design, the interplay between complex systems and the achievement of goals in a public or private sector EMS enterprise
- The historical, theoretical and contemporary implications of policy making in the public and private pre-hospital sectors
- The fundamentals of fiscal and human resources management
- How to compare and contrast international approaches to the delivery of pre-hospital health care.
- Use statistics as a leadership tool and as a driver of evidence-based medicine and protocols
- Develop an ethical foundation for decision making, both as a clinician and administrator
- Provide excellent, compassionate and ethical medical care
- Develop critical thinking to lead the pre-hospital profession in the years to come;
- Provide compassionate, excellent service, advocacy, and leadership to diverse communities with diverse emergency medical service needs
AMC is the Right Choice