Become an Orientation Leader
Thank you for your interest in the Orientation Leader position!
Below you will find all the information you need to know before applying as an Orientation Leader.
Please contact Brian Quinlan in the Student Activities Office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the dates that I will be required to participate as an Orientation Leader?
Summer Orientation And Registration (SOAR)
Saturday June 9, 2012
Saturday June 16, 2012
Monday June 19, 2012
Friday July 13, 2012
The week of August 22-26, 2012
During the August Orientation dates, Orientation Leaders will move into their assigned fall 2012 rooms. Commuters will be offered housing if they request it by August 1, 2012
What type of training will be provided?
Orientation Leaders will be required to attend the Orientation preparation workshops. These workshops will serve as resources to help you develop knowledge in the following areas:
• New Student Orientation information
• Communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Campus information/Giving campus tours
• Leading group discussions
• Working effectively with parents, peers, staff and faculty
Interviews will be held March 1st and 2nd, and the Week of March 5th
All applicants are asked to schedule an interview when handing in their application to the Student Activities Office. Interviews will take place in the Student Activities office.
1. Why are you interested in becoming a 2012 Orientation Leader for Anna Maria College?
2. What skills/qualifications do you have that will contribute to the position of Orientation Leader?
3. What campus activities do you anticipate you will be involved in next year? How will you balance these commitments with academics and your responsibilities?
4. What other messages or piece(s) of information do you think is critical to relay to the Class of 2016?
5. Looking back at your experience as an AMC student, what do you wish you would have known before school started?
6. What sets you apart from other applicants?
Please keep a copy of this information for your records.
Click here to download a printable version of all of the above information
Applications are due by February 22, 2012 at 4:30 p.m.