Through a non-clinical, fully online program, current licensed professionals can pursue a bachelor's degree in EMSA that will provide them with a variety of exciting new opportunities for career advancement including management positions and becoming an instructor or trainer in the field. The degree completion program offers flexibility due to its online format so that certified and licensed professionals can achieve their goals easily and affordably, without having to participate in the rigors and time commitment of clinical hours.
- Ethically sound and evidenced-based leadership and management skills to Emergency Medical Service providers;
- A foundation in contemporary leadership and management principles;
- A well-rounded educational experience that provides strong career preparation in a liberal arts context;
- A lifelong commitment to the values of justice, citizenship, and service in a student's personal and professional pursuits.
- Applications for Emergency Services Research
- Applied Emergency Services Statistics
- Emergency Services Management
- Health Informatics
- Human Resource Management for Emergency Services
- Emergency Scene Pathopharmacology
- Emergency Services Administration
- Emerging Concepts in Pre-Hospital Care
- International Comparative Pre-Hospital Care
- Measuring Community Services
- The Role of EMS in Public Health
EMS is a young profession, barely four decades old, with continual changes in the field as technology and research assist practitioners in reexamining and redefining new ways to administer emergency services. In addition, EMS leaders and managers are constantly adapting and re-adapting to new policies, regulations, standards of care and human resource challenges, among others, all of which require the use of advanced analytical, rhetorical, and research skills. Moreover, there is increasing pressure for EMS executives and chiefs to have an MPA, MPH, or MBA degree. With a Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Services Administration, individuals interested in moving into executive leadership positions will be poised to obtain their Master's in Public Administration with a concentration in Emergency Medical Services, online through AMC.
No matter whether it's for a promotional opportunity, career or personal enhancement, to attain educational goals or to serve as a thought-leader for the future of the EMS profession, the Anna Maria College Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Services Administration will prepare you for success and provide you with important professional competencies that are built on a foundation of the core principles of the College including ethical leadership, informed citizenship and compassionate care.