Homeschooled Student Admission Requirements
Homeschooled applicants are welcome at Anna Maria College. The following are required for a completed application:
1. Completed Application and Processing Fee
All students must submit an application.
2. An official document describing the curriculum that the applicant has followed along with a performance assessment in each subject area. If such a document cannt be provided, a high school equivalency diploma (GED) may be submitted in its place.
3. A Personal Essay on Any Topic of Your Choice
4. A Letter of Recommendation from a Counselor or Teacher
5. Standardized Test Scores (SAT or ACT scores are optional for all students except for those majoring in Paramedic Science.) Our CEEB code is 3005.
Special Requirements for Music and Art Students
In addition to acceptance to Anna Maria College, Music and Art students must be accepted into their chosen program by completing a music audition or art portfolio review. Please contact Amanda Elinoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 849-3450 for further information or to schedule your audition or portfolio review.
Admission to Anna Maria College is based on a rolling admission cycle. The Office of Admission accepts applications all year long. Students are required to have all information submitted and decisions made prior to the first day of classes each semester.
AMC students having no formal coursework to present for transfer may accelerate their individual programs by receiving advanced standing. The College provides several means by which students can accomplish this:
CLEP (College Level Examination Program): CLEP is a national standardized system for providing students with college credit.
Advanced Placement Tests: High school graduates with Advanced Placement Examination scores of three or higher should submit their score report for college credit.
High School Preparation
The high school transcript is the most important credential used in evaluating an applicant. Anna Maria College suggests a brief list of College Preparatory Classes as the most appropriate high school preparation for its programs.
Sample List of College Preparatory Classes
4 units in English
3 units in Mathematics
2 units in Social Science
2 units in Foreign Language
1 unit in Laboratory Science