International Students Enrolling at Anna Maria College

You must be admitted to Anna Maria College before we can begin processing your immigration paperwork. After you are offered admission, you will need an immigration document (I-20) to apply for an F-1 visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your country. Below are the steps you must follow to receive an I-20 from Anna Maria College.

Step 1: Submit your deposit to the admission office

After you are admitted to Anna Maria College you must submit your deposit (if required by your admission office - refer to the instructions provided in your admittance package).

Step 2: Submit the certification of finances form and supporting financial proof to the OIP

All students are required to demonstrate financial ability to pay for at least one year of tuition, fees and living expenses (or one semester for one-semester exchange programs) before Anna Maria College can issue an immigration document (I-20).

You must submit a completed request for I-20 form and supporting official financial proof to your admission office. 

If you are transferring to Anna Maria College from another U.S. institution, please also complete the F-1 immigration transfer-in form.

Once you have submitted these documents, the Registrar at Anna Maria College will process your I-20. For questions on the process, contact you Julie Dix (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), Registrar or John Hamel (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), Vice President for Enrollment Mangement directly. Your I-20 will be mailed with a tracking number. This number will be sent to the email address that you used on your admissions application. 

Step 3: Receiving your immigration document

Your I-20 will be issued within 2 weeks from the time our Registrar’s office receives and reviews your documents. Our admission office will mail the I-20 to the mailing address you provided on your certification of finances form.

Any issues that arise during the review process may delay the issuance of your immigration documents. If issues do arise, the OIP will contact you through the email address you provided at the time of your application to Salve Regina.

Please contact the Admissions Office:

  • If you would like to change your email address.
  • If you would like to change your mailing address for the I-20.

You will receive a Pre-Arrival Guide for International Students along with your I-20 that will explain your next steps.

Step 4: SEVIS fee

You are required to show proof of having paid the federal SEVIS fee when you appear for your visa interview. The SEVIS fee can only be paid after you have received your I-20.

Ways to pay:

  • Online with a credit card. You must complete Form I-901 and print out a receipt as confirmation of payment. The information on Form I-901 must match the I-20 exactly. The Department of Homeland Security will also mail you a paper receipt.
  • By mail with a check, money order or foreign draft drawn on a U.S. bank (made payable to the Department of Homeland Security). Form I-901, which can be downloaded from, must accompany the payment, which is mailed to DHS, PO Box 970020, St. Louis, MO 63197-0020. The Department of Homeland Security will also mail you a paper receipt.

You should present the SEVIS fee receipt at the U.S. embassy or consulate with your F-1 visa application form and supporting documents. U.S. embassies and consulates will be able to electronically verify your payment, but it is strongly recommended that you have the paper receipt when applying for a visa.

Step 5: Apply for your visa

  • After you receive your immigration documents, you will need to apply at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country for your F-1 visa. You will need to bring the following documents to your visa appointment be sure to bring the following with you to the visa appointment:
    Required photo(s)
    Visa fee or proof of visa fee payment
    Federal SEVIS fee payment receipt
    U.S. non-immigrant visa application forms (unless you will completing it at the consulate or embassy)
    Anna Maria College admission letter
    Anna Maria College SEVIS I-20
    Academic records/Test scores
    Proof of English proficiency – SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS test etc
    Proof of financial support
    Evidence of ties to your home country
    Any other documents required by the embassy or consulate
    Remember that if you plan to attend Anna Maria College, you must present the visa officer with an I-20 issued by Anna Maria College. You cannot apply for a U.S. visa using another school’s I-20 and then try to attend Anna Maria College, as that is considered to be a fraudulent entry by U.S. immigration authorities.

Step 7: Orientation

Most International students that are traveling from overseas should plan to attend Orientation in August. While you are welcome to attend the sessions held in July, the August session will provide you with the ability to complete your Orientation while continuing with the enrollment process.