Anna Maria College invites nominations and applications for the newly created position of Vice President for Advancement.
MISSION AND VISION
The Sisters of Saint Anne, a Roman Catholic order dedicated to education, founded Anna Maria College in 1946. Located in Paxton, Massachusetts, Anna Maria’s campus community is situated in a beautiful pastoral setting near Worcester and one hour away from Providence, Hartford and Boston.
In the 1990s, as students became more career-minded, the College responded with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. A new curriculum maintained the core of the liberal arts tradition while highlighting concentrations of professional interest. Today the College is a member of the 12-college Worcester Consortium, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and growing in both size and recognition (current enrollment is 1600). Taking seriously its obligation to prepare motivated individuals for service to God and humanity, Anna Maria continues to aspire to create a community centered in the Catholic intellectual tradition that draws from the liberal arts in its pursuit of higher learning.
THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR ADVANCEMENT
Anna Maria College seeks an individual eager to contribute to an energetic, vibrant leadership team whose focus is on success and excellence. This new position will work collaboratively with the College’s dynamic President and Board of Trustees to provide forward-looking leadership in securing the necessary resources for Anna Maria College to accomplish its mission and vision. The Vice President for Advancement will work closely with the President in creating and directing a comprehensive fundraising program, including annual, capital and planned giving; corporate, foundation and government relations; and alumni affairs.
- As a member of the President’s Cabinet, participate collaboratively in the College’s administration and planning.
- Serve as the senior Advancement professional for the College.
- Oversee the setting and achievement of short- and long-term goals and the ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the Advancement program, including continued increases to annual giving and the endowment, and preparation for a campaign.
- Plan, organize and implement a comprehensive Advancement program in support of Anna Maria College’s strategic initiatives, especially those that support the goals of the Strategic Plan (Vision 2015: Excellence at Anna Maria College).
- Design and execute cultivation, solicitation and recognition strategies for a personal portfolio of high-level major gift prospects.
- Oversee the President’s Advancement initiatives.
- Work closely with the Board of Trustees, including providing staff support for the Audit/Finance/Development Committee.
- Continue to develop strong alumni and parent programs that engage these constituencies in helping Anna Maria College fulfill its mission and vision.
- Strategically expand the opportunities for the development and submission of funding proposals to philanthropic sources including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- With the President and others, serve as an institutional liaison to city, state and federal funding agencies and offices.
- Present regular reports to the President and others summarizing fundraising progress against previous years’ results and stated institutional needs and goals.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional growth by keeping abreast of latest trends in Advancement for the benefit of the College.
- Exemplify the best qualities of Anna Maria College, and reflect the highest standards of personal and professional fund-raising conduct.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants should email the following to Beverly Cutter, Senior Consultant, Barnes & Roche, Inc., 38 Stonebridge Drive, Asheville, NC 28805, email@example.com:
- A letter outlining background, qualifications and vision for the position, and
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, although applications received by October 8th will receive priority consideration. Applicants who progress in the search will be requested to provide references and a five-year salary history. Applications will be held in confidence at this point in the process.