Financing your Education

The majority of military benefit programs are not built to outright finance your education. The only exception could be the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, also known as the "Yellow Ribbon Program," which pays you the lower of either the actual tuition and fees or the national maximum per year for a private school like Anna Maria College (Anna Maria is committed to enabling eligible veterans to cover the full cost of tuition, fees, and books in any College degree program.) Please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to determine if you meet eligibility requirements and to learn more about available benefits.


Veterans, dependents, and spouses must apply for educational benefits through the VA. Dependents and spouses wishing to apply for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® must have the veteran first transfer benefits to them through the TEB form

You can apply for benefits in one of the following two ways:

Create a VONAPP (Veterans Online Application) 

Create an E-Benefits account


A premium account will enable you to submit forms, download VA letters, transfer Post-9/11 education benefits, update Direct Deposit and contact information, and apply for disability compensation.


Tuition Assistance Program Information for active duty military:

Army (Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard)



Air Force

Coast Guard


In addition to federal aid and veterans benefits programs, you may apply for grants and scholarships from Anna Maria College. Students who are eligible for veterans educational benefits which completely cover their tuition costs are typically not eligible for other forms of institutional aid. Please check with the financial aid office for clarification.